Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Handmade Holidays--*UPDATED*

I know you're probably thinking I'm on this crazy holiday kick... well, it's true! I think I mentioned before that I've missed my opportunity in the past, so I'm planning extra early this year!

I thought it would be wonderful to create a little promotional postcard with a few different Etsy sellers' items. I'm still working out the kinks to see how large the photos need to be so I can see how many would fit on the front of a postcard, but here's how I'm envisioning it:

If you'd like to add a photo of one of your holiday items, just let me know! Right now, I'm thinking I'll just have these printed myself and add them in with my orders from now until December, but of course, if you'd like to have some printed, I'll give you the file. Or I could just get more printed & pass some along to you & we'll work out some pricing.
I'm trying to keep it as simple as possible, so just a general holiday theme right now with a photo and an url below. Blank back, but if there are some great ideas out there, please share!! I'm happy to do a Christmas only one, etc.
_____________________________________
UPDATE:
Thank you for the great response! If you made a comment, I added an item from your shop to the postcard! (Except for "Frannie"--I couldn't figure out who you are! If you see this, please let me know your Etsy shop url and I'll add you!)

WOW! It looks so beautiful and full! :) If you didn't specify an item, I just grabbed something lovely from your shop, so PLEASE let me know if you'd like me to switch it out for something different. I'm happy to! So take a look:
Now, here are a few specifics. It's a 5x7" front & back postcard. It's all set and ready to have printed. I plan on having them printed at overnightprints.com because I love, love, love their quality for postcards. If you'd like some, just let me know how many and I'll let you know the price. Or, if you'd like to get them printed yourself, just open these files full size and save them to your own computer. (Or, of course, I can e-mail the files to you directly.)

I'm so excited about this! Thank you for all who participated! :) If you need to contact me, feel free! joan@bitsycreations.com

20 comments:

Shell said...

I think that's a great idea! I'd love to be included... I've got a new Christmas colored necklace that I'm listing soon that would be perfect!

Janna said...

What a neat idea - I'd love to have my jewelry in one of your pictures! jacjewelry.etsy.com. Thanks!

FeltLikeStitchin said...

What a great idea!
I'd love it if you could add this Christmas star
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=7231083
or anything else you like from my shop:)

Glitzy Gallery Gal said...

Wow great idea! I would love to be included.

An idea for the blank side (I do this on my postcards) is to watermark a slogain in a script going up the side. It is faint enough you can barely see it but gives a message and doesn't take up any space.

GlitzyGallery.etsy.com
GlitzyGallery@yahoo.com

Sunrise said...

Great concept! Wonderful way to promote and reach out. I would like to be part of the post card collage. SunriseBeadedJewelry.etsy.com. Thank you!

Kim said...

Great idea. I would love to be part of this project. This would also be great to have on the table at my craft shows. Please let me know about them and sharing of costs.

Reneighborhood said...

What a great idea! If you have room on your cards we'd like to be considered: http:loveoneworldzero.etsy.com

Great head start, everyone should try starting the prep early!

Debra Linker said...

I would very much appreciate being included. Will you convo when you make your selection of who is included so we'll know if we are in/out and how to proceed? EXCELLENT IDEA!

Thank you,
Debra Linker

Christie Cottage said...

What a wonderful idea! I, too would love to be included.

Thanks
christiecottage.etsy.com

Frannie said...

What a great idea for the holiday!
If there is room I would love to be included. I have several holiday keepsakes in my shop.

Holly VanDyne said...

If you have any more spaces I would love to have one of my frames included! http://nameframes.etsy.com. Thanks for the offer - sounds fun!

Anonymous said...

what a creative and useful Idea. I would love to have anything of mine included :)

www.nicki3.etsy.com

Christie Cottage said...

You know...you could set up your post card and we could all print them too and include in our packages as well. I always put etsy promos in my ebay packages I ship. Just a thought :-)

Jennifer said...

You're not crazy at all...smart to get started early!

Simply Sentimental said...

I'd love to be a part of this...Please contact me with what I need to do if you have any room left...

:) Sydnei

Kunklebaby said...

What a fantastic idea! I'd love to be considered for your postcard project!

inkOBSESSIONdesigns said...

This is such an amazing idea. I love it!

Christie Cottage said...

Oh, I love it! I am thrilled that you chose my Christmas stacking boexes to include!!! I sent you a convo.

What a wonderful day it's been!

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for including me, I can't wait to print and send with my orders. What a great way to step up your advertising and promote everyone in the process.
This could be used so many different ways. I love it.

nicki3.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

I love the post cards! Thank you for including my bracelet. This is a great idea. I will be printing and sending with orders and using to promote everyone. Thanks!

SunriseBeadedJewelry.etsy.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin