Friday, December 12, 2008

Not feeling like working today...



My poor little cat is very sick. We moved about a month ago and she started acting strange. We thought she was just transitioning, but then she stopped eating & we noticed a lump on her chin. She's had tooth trouble in the past so we just thought it was that again.

Took her to the vet last night & they called this morning to say it's pretty bad. She has a tumor-- They h aven't run tests yet, but our vet said that her guess is that it's malignant. It's so large that they'd actually have to take part of her jaw off to get rid of it & they just don't do that with cats... so our only options are to give her some medicine & special food and see how she does or put her down.

I'm such a mess. Muffs is absolutely 100% part of our little family & I just don't know what I'd do without her. She's been such a ray of sunshine in my life & is my little helper.

I guess what it comes down
to is that I don't want to be selfish in keeping her alive just because I want her around. She must be in so much pain. But I also don't want to call the shots & take her life prematurely...

Have an y of you been through this? How did you know what to do?

Love,
A very heartbroken Bitsy


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry to hear that about muffin! I hope everything turns out ok...Muffin, get feeling better soon! Also, when it comes to deciding what's best for her, you'll know, you'll just know because you love her and pets have a way of telling you what they need =). Take Care!

Natasha said...

Oh..I don't know what you decided but it's such a hard place to be in. I was there with my dog and your heart aches. They are a part of the family and always will be...my heart goes out to you. Please take comfort in the fact that whatever you decide I know it will be for the best and from the heart because it's clear you love Muffin so much. I send you warm hugs and much love. I'm sorry you and Muffin and your family have to go through this tough time.

Lynn Sinclair said...

I happened upon your blog via the Card and Paper Bloglist, and then read this post. I don't know if you've made a decision yet, but my heart goes out to you. I had to put my 16 year old, diabetic cat down two years ago when her kidneys failed. I still get teary when I think about it.

I hope the vet has come up with another option, but please know that my thoughts are with you.

dawn&co. said...

LOVE cat! Looks like mine, but she is much smaller, only 5 months old, and already into crafting!

~Dawn

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin