Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Moms

There's a fellow Etsian with a fantastic blog--Pampering Beki.  You should go check it out.  She had the most fantastic post that I just have to share:
http://pamperingbeki.blogspot.com/2009/04/lets-talk.html

As a woman, mom, and wife, it's hard NOT to compare yourself to others out there.  And she's so right--in the blogging world, it's so easy to cover up all your flaws.  In my opinion, there are a lot of women out there who are great at covering flaws in real life, too! 

Little secret?  It's really hard for me to make friends.  One sweet friend of mine told me "the truth"!  Ha!  She said I intimidate other women.  These are her words--not mine, I promise you--that I have this gorgeous curly hair, fantastic little children who always look clean & well-behaved, I run my own business, my home is always neat & orderly....

I almost fell over laughing!  If only those people knew that I'm in a constant state of frenzy--my hair is my enemy most days, my children can be little hellions just like any others, and I hurry to pick up the toys & shove the cat hair under the sofa when someone's coming over. ;)  Ha!

So women out there, don't be so hard on yourselves.  No one is perfect!  And I'm sure if we spent a day as a fly on the wall at a friend's house, we'd realize this all too quickly.

4 comments:

PamperingBeki said...

Thank you thank you thank you!!

This is so true and such an important message.

maisy said...

i have given you a kreativ blog award! check out my chatter blog for details! maisy x

http://missmaisyschatter.blogspot.com

Barbra said...

I will be in your shoes for a week as my little guys are coming while their parents go away....I'm exhausted already!

Modernality said...

HA! And now I like you even more :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin