Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Movie Review Monday 4/21

I know what you're thinking and yes it IS Tuesday.  I just missed my Monday goal of starting this little segment since we didn't finish our movies over the weekend. ;)  A little background: We don't have cable or satellite.  We watch a lot of our shows online & thoroughly enjoy our Netflix subscription.  This way, we're not paying an arm & a leg for a cable/satellite bill AND we can control what comes into our home a bit better.  (I could not believe some of the COMMERCIALS that are on during 'family time' television.)

Anyway, we watch at least one movie a weekend, so I thought I'd share our (my) thoughts.  Sometimes we get a family movie and we all watch it, but usually it's just my husband and me.  So let's dig right in, shall we?

This weekend was quite movie-filled!  We had an impulse-buy of Bedtime Stories at Walmart on Friday while we were grabbing a few things.  And we're so glad we did!  What a fantastic movie!  Our four-year-old daughter who usually doesn't sit through anything that isn't a cartoon actually enjoyed this one.  She DID get up and wander around, but she was watching here & there. ;)  I've always been a fan of Adam Sandler & I was really glad for a 'clean' movie with his fun sense of humor.  A sweet & funny family movie with great acting from Keri Russell and the hilarious Russell Brand.  Let's not leave out Guy Pearce who seems to have quite a talent at playing 'the bad guy'.  We had to giggle each time a new character was introduced because you seemed to recognize everyone!  Courtney Cox, Richard Griffiths, etc.  Definitely worth renting--we're glad we own it because we're sure to watch it again.

(More coming...)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin