Thursday, May 7, 2009

I think I'll Cry...

Well, it's official.  I think my husband will have to take over vet duties from now on.  If you've been following my blog, you probably know we had to put our kitten down a few weeks ago.  He was not even 6 months old, but had an incurable virus and went downhill VERY quickly.  We had just moved, so we had a new vet for the kitten.  Joshua (hubby) took Fred (cat) to the new vet both times & thought very highly of him!  I still haven't met him, but I'm to the point where I probably can't because I'll shake his hand and start bawling like a baby.

Number 1: When Joshua came home from putting Fred down, he just said, "That is one great vet.  He was still petting Fred after he'd passed."

Number 2:  Not long after, we received a card in the mail.  From the vet.  Handwritten.  Are you kidding me?  I cried.  I was just so touched.

Number 3:  We have since gotten a new cat & he's going to the vet soon.  When I called to set up the appointment, I told them we didn't know his date of birth--the shelter could only give us an estimate.  So guess what e-mail I just got?  An e-card for Charlie's birthday!!  They made his adoption month his birthday month.  I still have a tear in my eye.

I'm such a baby.

6 comments:

Beth said...

I think I'll cry too...

Splendid Little Stars said...

OMG! That IS amazing!

StunningAnnaK said...

What a fantastic vet!

Surely a keeper!

So sorry to hear about Fred!

JuliaA said...

what a wonderful vet! when my dog had to be put down, we got a sympathy card from our vet, and it meant so much. it's such a wonderful gesture for a vet to make the extra effort to show that they truly care about your pet.

DolceBaci said...

Aw sorry to hear about your cat. Sound like the vet is a great guy!

Frenchell said...

That is so sweet! what a great vet! hard to come by excellent customer service these days

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin