Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I think I'll plant a money tree...

I've never given much thought to money. Well, I wouldn't say that. I'm good at managing money, paying the bills, knowing where it's spent, etc. But I've never been the type that walks around saying, "Wouldn't it be nice if money grew on trees?"

Sadly, as I've gotten older, I'm becoming that person. It's not that I've gotten greedy or want frivolous things, it's just that I've realized how nothing is free in life. (Well, almost nothing. I've recently become obsessed with Freecycle & got a lovely bed skirt for Bitsy #1 ABSOLUTELY free from my dear neighbor.)

But bill after bill comes and we try so hard to save and put money and food aside for an emergency... cars need fixing, doctor visits need to happen, etc.

Wouldn't it be nice if money grew on trees? Car breaks down? No worries, let's just grab a few hundred off the tree. Incredibly hot month so your power bill is higher? No problem! Grab it off the tree. We could even make it adorable like this:


Any biologists out there want to figure this one out for me? Oh wait, I'm married to a biologist. Blast! He's the type that knows about viruses... not plants. :( Speaking of husbands... Mr. Bitsy probably won't be thrilled with this illustration--it USED to be his favorite of mine. :)

3 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

money on trees....or everyone freely sharing their talents...

MunchkinMama said...

If you ever figure it out, let me know! I'd love to hear how.
I did want to let you know that I finally got the business cards you designed printed out. They turned out so great!
P.S. Love the latest announcement! So simple and sweet!

Stacey said...

Found your site through Molly Lou Gifts! I love your site, and your work is fantstic.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin