Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Watch out World!

"And the damsel was exceedingly beautiful, comely and intelligent, there was none seen like unto her for beauty and wisdom throughout the land."
Jasher 60:8

And now you have your obscure biblical reference for the day. No, that's not in the Bible, but it IS why we chose our daughter's name. That describes the princess for whom she was named.

I think all parents must believe their children are the smartest ones out there... but our daughter makes us stop in our tracks on a regular basis. Most of the time, her talents take form in little works of art or in innovative inventions. Lately, she's had the nasty habit of tying things up around the house. She'll take bits of whatever she can find--string, ribbon, shoelaces--and tie it onto furniture. It has driven me mad a few times, I'll admit... I cannot stand having to waste my time untying!!

Today, however, she figured out how to work around tying. Her latest kick has been inventing toys for the cat. Last week she tied a few toys to the end of a shoelace and then tied that onto his scratching post. Brilliance! I still wasn't thrilled about having to untie it, though. So today, she runs to me and shows me her long strings tied together with toys on one end and a paintbrush on the other!

More brilliance!
Take a look.
Watch out, world! Smarty on the loose! 
Oh... and did I mention she's only FOUR years old?

2 comments:

Splendid Little Stars said...

yep, smarty! Oh the dreams she may accomplish!

inkOBSESSIONdesigns said...

Awww...that is so cute!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin