Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Supporting Other Moms

One of my favorite feelings is supporting other moms who have a business in addition to being a mom. It must be that I'm able to relate to them, but I adore meeting moms who are passionate about what they do--creating children's clothing, making handmade soap, owning a natural parenting store, selling things like Mary Kay or Scentsy... all ranges of work-at-home-moms who go that extra mile to provide for their families.
Not too long ago, I joined our local 'mommy message board'. I ran into a thread about a local mom who used to cut hair professionally & now does it on the side when she can. Her credentials took my breath away. And today she's coming over, the kids will all play together (nicely, I assure you... we had a nice, long chat this morning! lol) and she'll cut my hair. Isn't that fantastic?!
I am more than excited. It's been so long since I got a GREAT hair cut & I'm sure this one will be utterly & completely fabulous. :) I apparently have the worst hair to cut because it's ridiculously thick and somewhere between curly and wavy. Oh and did I mention uber frizzy? It took me four years in North Carolina to find a great stylist. I met her about 2 months before we moved! GAH!
So yes, I'm so so so so so so excited. :) Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Yay for haircuts! :) I still have to make an appointment for mine. Ugh.

La La La Leah said...

I get my hair cut once a year.... right before winter when I can put it up wet in a srunchie.... I am serious.

Barbra said...

Ohhhh, post pictures. Us curly girls have to stick together!

Cyndie said...

Good luck! We're rooting for you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin