Thursday, September 17, 2009

Temporary (or maybe not-so-temporary) Wall Decor

Since we're moving in a little over a week, I've been trying to think of something fun to put up in my son's new room. (My daughter already has some really adorable artwork from electricbluebird.etsy.com and an amazing hair barrette holder from princessmimidesigns.etsy.com that take up her wall space nicely!)

And then I stumped on this amazing tutorial from Designs by Vanessa about turning fabric into wall art! So simple and lovely! The perfect solution for a sweet little man's room!

I've always loved japanese kawaii--especially fabric! I almost picked up sewing again just so I could use the adorable kawaii fabric I keep drooling over. (But seriously, I think I'm busy enough with my current artsy interests!)

(This fabric can be found at japankawaiiya.etsy.com)

(This fabric can be found at karaku.etsy.com)

(This fabric can be found at jojoebi.etsy.com)

So if I can ever decide on some fabric(s), I'll post the finished result!

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Ahh, you are amazing! I have been thinking of doing this for awhile and not knowing exactly how I should go about it. Sometimes I make things and then they fall apart. Now I know where to get the frames and the exact application of the fabric! Thanks! You must have been channeling my brain!

Bekah: said...

I so wish we lived right next door to each other. Although it may not be a good idea because we'd probably pick up right where we left off in the 6th grade and PLAY all day. But oh the fun we could have creating and designing. Really, isn't art just grown up make.believe?

I just adore you and think you are one of the most artistic, creative people I have ever met. And have been that way ever since I've known you from the third grade on. My best friend, possum pal, and kindred spirit. I hope you know what you mean to me.

{sorry to become so lovey and poetic on a blog comment: random. feeling nostalgic today}

La La La Leah said...

I am starting to LOVE fabric!! I make some awesome baby blankets!!! I am going to go check those places out! Thanks for the info.

Molly Lou Gifts said...

That's a great idea! I think I might do that up my stairs. I have seen some really fantastic fabric lately.

How is Bitsy #1's new school? Are you ready for the move? I will email you instead of leaving a dissertation on the blog. :)

Angela said...

I have seen them do that on HGTV a few times. I am very tempted to do one for over my bed...I have had a blank wall for two years because I can't find anything I want anywhere. I can't wait to see your results.

Leslie Herbert said...

Hey! I finally got my new blog up and running www.shesewsandscraps.com and also added your button!
I love your wall art idea too!
Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin