Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Three Years on Etsy

With all the craziness of the past month, I completely missed my anniversary on Etsy! I openedBitsyCreations.etsy.com three years ago this month! Can you believe it? It's been interesting to see where my shop has gone over the past few years. I started out doing more involved greeting cards--scrappy types with the occasional hand embroidered card. I moved on to add my graphic design services which took off quickly, then split my shop and put my greetings atbitsysgreetings.etsy.com.



The funny thing is that I'll probably start doing some paper embroidery again. It's where I started--It was one of my first loves, but I was running a business, not crafting for fun & just couldn't justify the time. Mr. Bitsy & I were chatting about how he's had his 'big boy job' for awhile now & how he'd be so happy if I could cut back on work time--feel like I was doing it for fun and not feel pressured as I have been in the past.

Don't get me wrong--I ADORE what I do, but there are definitely times I've felt motivated by the financial aspects instead of the creative ones. So now that he's out of school & working full time, Mr. Bitsy says I should get a hobby. hehe What's that?! :)



So perhaps I'll have some more cute embroidered cards in the future. Will probably hang on to them for friends' bdays. :)


4 comments:

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Those are really cute!! You should definitely sell them again!!

MunchkinMama said...

Oh, I had no idea! They are so sweet! Congrats on your anniversary!

La La La Leah said...

Wow, those are really cool! Congratulations!!

Barbra said...

Happy Happy Etsy-versay!!! Mine's coming soon, also 3 years...phew.
Hugs

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin