Friday, November 20, 2009

To Be Thankful

I've been so impressed by the outpour of gratitude this Thanksgiving season. I've seen countless Facebook posts where people have offered a daily or weekly list of things they're thankful for. I've seen posts on Etsy. I've seen blog posts. I love it!

Thanksgiving time has always been one of my favorites. Of course, a lot of it has to do with my birthday being in November. I'm also in love with the changing leaves, the smell of coming cold in the air, and sweet little reminders of my childhood.

My mom has these adorable little figurines--some are actually salt & pepper shakers. I remember lining them up time and time again as a child. Now my children are enjoying them at Grandma & Grandpa's house.


As my daughter and my mom pulled out the holiday decorations, I recalled walks next door to my own grandma's house. I used to take this small pumpkin with me and she'd fill it with candy.




I have a very blessed life. I've had a lot of different experiences in my young life. Some have been difficult, but I'm glad for what I've learned. I don't usually consider myself a very religious person... I'm sure anyone who meets me thinks I am, though. We go to church every week, we read scriptures nightly with the children after a story, we pray as a family... It's just such a part of my life that I don't focus on it. I hope God knows how grateful I am for my life and all in it even if I don't express it vocally. I'd imagine He can gather from my actions... at least I hope so.

I'll leave you with this scripture I made a million years ago that we usually display on our fridge this time of year. (You can click on it to make it large enough to read.) Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Kati said...

that is a great verse and perfect for this time of year! i am very thankful for all God has given me...feeling truly blessed! :)

thanks again for sharing! :)

~Kati, Hooks of Hope
http://hooksofhope.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin