Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Date Night


So on Monday night, I got to go out on a date with this ridiculously handsome nerd. :) (Don't worry--he's a self-professed nerd! I'm not name-calling!) I'm so lucky. We really need to go out on more dates. We keep thinking we will and then for one reason or another, we don't. We're too tired, it's hard to get a sitter, I feel bad asking my parents, I hate how it feels when the kids cry or tell me they're sad when we leave...

But it's so important. I got to feel like I had no responsibilities for a few hours. I didn't have to share Joshua with anyone. I ate all of my dinner. By myself. Little mouths were not there stealing my food!

And most importantly, we talked. It wasn't about anything special or earth-shattering. We actually talk a lot, but it's somehow different when you're all by yourselves on the elusive date-night.

(Really old photo of Mr. Bitsy... but he's still that handsome...probably just has more bags under his eyes from the kids!!)

4 comments:

Molly Lou Gifts said...

Real talk, no one crying, and you ate all of your dinner like a big girl?!?!?!?! GASP! YAY for Mr. and Mrs. Bitsy!

So glad you got a date night...you are right, we all need more of those. I can't really remember the last one that I had with the Mr.

susie said...

I like reading this blog since you update it! It's little weekly treats for me and I hope you win your contest!

Barbra said...

Leaving the kids is part of loving the kids! Glad you had the opportunity!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

I'm glad you had a fun date night!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin