Monday, January 4, 2010

Four

Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but I teach a sunday school class at church. I teach the four year olds turning five. Each new year, the kids move up to a different class, so this year, I'll be teaching my daughter. At least, I think that's how it will go... Truthfully, I'm thinking about saying something. A mom and daughter just need some time away from each other--even if that only means she's sitting a few rows away from me in Primary (our children's program at church). 

Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed my first day teaching these kids yesterday, so I thought I'd share some of my favorites.

Me: "What is something you really enjoy doing?"
J: "Going to the car bubble."
Me: "The car bubble?"
J: "Yeah, you know, the place with rides and food and games."
Me: "OH! A carnival?"
J: "Right!"

*****

Me: "Maybe you can take your picture home to show your mom & dad."
L: "Yes! And we can hang it on the fridge with mattresses."
Me: "Do you mean magnets?"
L: "That's what I said. Maganets."

Ah, to be four again. :)


2 comments:

Molly Lou Gifts said...

Oh to be 4 again is right!!! :)

Those kids are lucky to have you and can't wait to hear some more of the funny things that happe in Sunday School. Our kids are funny enough, but it is always fun to hear what comes out of other mini mouths.

Got your email...great idea. I will check this morning about turnaround time and we'll chat later. Happy New Year!

La La La Leah said...

Good Luck!! My mom was my teacher when I was a CTR... and she was primary president for a few years. I took advantage of that.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin