Friday, January 29, 2010

Gates Foundation Pledges $10 Billion For Vaccines

I knew I liked Bill Gates. And now the fact that he understands how important vaccines are... wow, just makes him that much better. Yes, I laugh at all the Bill Gates jokes--Especially the Simpsons episodes with him--but this makes me warm & fuzzy inside.

You can read the full article here:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=123101119

This is my favorite part:
The foundation said up to 7.6 million children under 5 could be saved through 2019 as a result of the donation. It also estimates that an additional 1.1 million kids would be saved if a malaria vaccine can be introduced by 2014. A tuberculosis vaccine would prevent even more deaths.

1 comment:

La La La Leah said...

Dear Joan: You are awesome! Thanks for posting about NPR and vaccinations in the same blog. That rocks my socks off. 2 things so dear to my heart.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin