Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm Dreaming of Home Make-overs

In case you didn't read last week, we heard that our offer on the home was accepted! If all goes as planned, we'll close April 23rd. Because this house is a foreclosure, it's been empty for about a year... and needs a big, big cleaning! We're already planning to take about a week off of work and go in, clean, clean, clean, and then paint! Every inch of that house needs to be painted.

Joshua and I have been having fun picking out paint colors. We usually can't agree on decor AT ALL, but colors come a little easier. He's not, however, a fan of turquoise/aqua. I LOVE it. So I think our compromise will be to let me have a nice, bright aqua in the basement/playroom/Bitsy Office. Yup. Talk about your good use of space! Currently the room has awful paint. It has beadboard, but it's painted GREEN and above is RED! Ack!

So I'm thinking paint the beadboard a clean white and put aqua up top. Yum.
And then I saw this. Yes, it's a kitchen, but wow. Wouldn't something like that be fantastic on one wall for my work area?! Oh I'm dreaming big.

(Thank you to decorpad for the photo.)

You can see more of my aqua obsession in my latest premade Etsy package here.




7 comments:

Molly Lou Gifts said...

I love the teal/white combo. The playroom/office will be fabulous. Nothing beats a clean white beadboard. I can't wait to follow along with you for this journey.

When the Molly Lou family moved in to our home last summer we had to paint every square inch as well. It will be completely yours when you are finished and ready for all those Bitsy family memories.

Congrats again!

StunningAnnaK said...

House make over!!! How fun! Turquoise is HUGE this season! Make sure to maximize your storage space! Might I suggest browsing The Container Store Website?

http://www.containerstore.com

You might be able to find some great ideas there!

So excited to see your advancements!

StunningAnnaK said...

lol.. I think maybe that's why I am majoring in Interior Design and Fashion Design... I can call everything that would get most women in a pickle "research." : D

p.s. Office sale at Container Store...

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Oh my gosh...congrats!!!! I am a big fan of aqua/white. I actually redid my bathroom in that color scheme (and it wasn't easy to convince the hubs!). I love it. It will make such a nice space for you. I am so very excited about the house!! YAY!!!

jlk said...

How fun! Where is the new house?

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

We just bought a new house too and all I can think about lately is decorating it!

Splendid Little Stars said...

Those colors would look fabulous in your space. How exciting about the house! And you get to make it totally yours!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin