Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thinking of Ireland Today...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! For some reason, I've always been drawn to Ireland. I knew my family had ancestors from there, but it's not exactly close. I believe it was my grandfather's grandmother who was originally from Ireland. I would love to visit, though.

I mean, look at this:
(Image from Flickr.com)

Beautiful. When we lived in North Carolina, we had a missionary serving there from Ireland. We'd have the elders over for dinner quite frequently, so we got to know him well. Each time he was over, he'd get a little homesick, the poor kid. Apparently I look like 99% of the population of Ireland! Ridiculously pale skin. Dark brown hair. A few freckles. And I guess it didn't help that I actually knew who Flogging Molly was!

So go put on some green & enjoy your St. Patrick's Day! (And no, I don't think you have to go out drinking to do so! lol) Maybe one day I'll tell you about a trip to Ireland.

3 comments:

Bekah: said...

Haha, I like me a bit of Flogging Molly every now and then. Not as much as I used to. I have enough "noise" around me now. And yes you do look Irish!

Splendid Little Stars said...

oooo....Ireland would be so wonderful to visit! great photo!

Lollylu said...

I've actually been to the place in your picture. I can't recall what the name is at the moment though. It used to be a girls school? It has been a while since I visited that place in the picture.

You should go to Ireland someday! Summer travel there is fairly expensive but Fall is a great time to go! I've been there often as my big brother has lived there for 19 years now.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin