Friday, March 19, 2010

A Very "Mom" Day

 (Photo from flickr.com)

One of my sisters used to tell me how I'd be a good mom because I was good at 'mom things' like baking cookies and scrapbooking--not to mention I went to school for elementary education. It used to crack me up. What did this sort of thing have to do with being a mom? Sometimes in my observations I think the best moms are the ones who didn't expect to be a "great mom". Being a parent is hard work! Being a devoted one is even harder. I love when we're at the park and I observe a mom or dad with her or his children actually having fun! He's not talking on the cell phone. She's not gossiping with her friend while her child is about to fall off the monkey bars. It gives me hope for these sweet little children out there.

I love their innocence! Yesterday Bitsy #1 played at the park with a little boy who was the most precious little man. It didn't matter to her that he was a bit younger. It didn't matter that English was his second language and he was hard to understand sometimes. It didn't matter that he was *gasp* a boy! 

Yesterday was a very 'mom' day. We took care of getting a gift for a birthday party. We grocery shopped. We went to the park. And then we made cookies for a bake sale that will help a local family in need. And I loved every second of it. Some may have thought my day was slow and mundane, but not me!

3 comments:

Bekah: said...

My most favorite days are days where I have no where to go, nothing to do, nothing to prepare and I can just enjoy my girls all.day.long. Today is going to be one of those days, we need it.

In case you were wondering, I have no doubt that you are an amazing Momma to your two lucky bitsys.

Ink Obsession Designs said...

Awww...that sounds like such a fun day! :)

StunningAnnaK said...

Your description of the little boy is just spectacular!

Love your writing style!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin