Tuesday, April 13, 2010

COLORS!

We had an excellent weekend. Since the home we're buying is a foreclosure, we have quite a To Do List! It mostly just needs a really good cleaning and a lot of paint!

So we found ourselves looking at paint samples. Joshua & I have incredibly different taste. I think you could have picked ANYTHING in the store and said, "Do you like this?" and I would have said no and he would have said yes. Or vice versa. Luckily, we usually agree on colors!

Of course these colors will look different on the walls than they do on the computer screen! For our basic color that will be on most of our walls, we're going with a very light neutral. A nice non-baby yellow in the kitchen. Red in the dining room and main level bathroom. Actually, we're planning to do wainscoting in the dining room, so really only the top half of the room will be red.


Yay! Don't they look great together? So we'll keep Bitsy #2's room the neutral & spice it up with fabric wall hangings... Yup. I never got to that project. I intend to now! :) We'll do a dusty rose pink in Bitsy #1's room--she is actually requesting purple, blue, and pink stripes. Yikes! The basement has bead board that we'll paint white and put this aqua on top. We're going to make the main room in the basement my office/play room. It's big enough that we shouldn't have any trouble with that!


And then for the master... we have green bedding and purple bathroom items, so we thought maybe we'd swap those colors. Put green in the bathroom & purple in our bedroom. The ceiling has a lot of character, so we thought we'd just paint one or two walls a dark purple in our room so that the white ceiling really stands out & you can see the architectural lines. So we're deciding still on the shades...


Huge project ahead of us!! Wish us luck. ;)

3 comments:

susie said...

I'm so excited for you guys to for reals get a house! You deserve it so much and it's been so long and I'm glad you're more than ready for it! Yay for Joan!

Tonight Madeline talked about J spending the night one time. I think she remembers it from the pictures. I try not to think about it because it's painful.

Molly Lou Gifts said...

Oh my goodness. I love all of your choices and can't wait to see before and after pictures. Don't forget to take the "befores." :)

I love beadboard and your office/playroom is going to be fabulous. So bright...perfect to get the creative juices flowing.

Next week is the week, right??? I am so excited for you. YAY for the Bitsy family!!!

Ink Obsession Designs said...

How fun! I love all the colors you picked and I am a beadboard fanatic so I'd be so excited about that! Your new house sounds like it is going to be so amazing!!! Yay!!! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin