Sunday, September 25, 2011

Relief Society Printable

If you are LDS, I hope you were able to watch the Relief Society broadcast last night. It was incredible & my heart is so full. I had to laugh at myself because I made mental notes of what I wanted to illustrate & put up around my home as reminders. When the full talk is up, I will be sure to link to it because I think ALL WOMEN--no matter who you are or what your religion--should read the talk from Preside Dieter F. Uchtdorf who is a member of our church's first presidency. It was full of amazing reminders for all of us.

He related these reminders to the sweet forget-me-not flowers. How small they are and how easily over-looked, but still so beautiful. Two things that stood out to me the most:
  1. We are all different. We should embrace these differences and be happy with who we are and what we have been blessed with.
  2. We, ourselves, will not be forgotten. No matter how alone you may feel at any given point in your life, God remembers us all.
And my favorite part--“The lesson here,” he said,” is that if we spend our days waiting for fabulous roses, we could miss the beauty and wonder of the tiny forget-me-nots that are all around us.”

I know I'm not the first one to do this, but I wanted to illustrate the 5 points he made: "Forget not..." Please feel free to print this as your own reminder! It's all yours to print! And you don't have to worry about printing someone else's photo or work without permission.

It's a high resolution 8x10 inch printable. It does have a bit of my own artwork here, so please don't claim it as your own, but I'd love for you to pass it along so we can share this amazing message & lift one another up as we do so.

(Just click the image below, save to your own computer, then print yourself or take to a photo/copy center.)


Want it in Spanish? Here you go!



PS--I LOVE hearing from those of you who use/download this. ;)

Pin It

21 comments:

Jade said...

Thanks for this printable! I was thinking right after the talk that I wish I had a printable for it. It was an amazing, uplifting talk. -xoxo Jade

Cassie Gadd said...

That's amazing. You're on it!

Lori said...

This is awesome! Thanks so much!

Bekah said...

I knew you would be making this. Seriously as I was listening I thought, Joan will be doing something with this! Thanks so much!

Rachelle said...

Love this, thanks!!!

Laurie said...

Love this! Thank you!

aprilhoyt said...

I love this! His talk was SO inspirational and everything I needed to hear. It's nice to have this cute reminder! THANKS!!

Erin said...

Tomorrow I'm sharing it on my blog!!!

Thanks.

www.someoneinmind.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Stumbled across your blog from a link-up that was featured by Danielle at sissykins.blogspot.com. Just wanted to say thank you for putting together this great printable.

I am not LDR, but the message is a great one. I especially like the excerpt you mentioned in your post. I realized that I needed to look at the bigger picture of what my life was after my husband died earlier this year. By doing that, I feel so much more whole than I have in my entire life. Not taking anything for granted, and really appreciating everything and everyone around me.

Joan said...

Jen, I'm so glad you found & liked it! I've had a handful of friends who are not of my same religion who have been touched by it, too. I'm sorry to hear about your husband. It sounds like you have a wonderful outlook!

The Andersens said...

So cute, thanks for sharing your talents! I can't wait to print it out and post it where I can see it every day!

Jade said...

Hey, just thought i'd leave another comment and tell you that I'm sharing this on my blog. Thanks again! -jade

Becca said...

Joan, I love this! I'm giving a lesson to the YW women of my ward tomorrow and using Pres. Uchtdorf's talk because I think all women (no matter what age) could benefit from his words. We have a quote ring that the girls add to almost every lesson and I really want them to have this. I'll give credit where credit is due! And just want to thank you again for putting this together. Ü

Robynne said...

Thank you so much for sharing this - it's beautiful and goes so well with the talk! I am giving one to each of my "VTees"...I love it!!

La La La Leah said...

I love this!! I am going to print the Spanish one for my dear friend who served a Spanish speaking mission, and serves in a Spanish speaking branch here. I think she will love it.

Kody and Brandy Nelson said...

Thanks so much for your cute printable. I am going to make it a magnet and connect it to a package of Forget Me Not seeds for my lesson.

Anonymous said...

I'm using this printout for my lesson this month TFOT. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much! I am so excited to print this and have it where i can see it all the time!

Natalie said...

Just wanted to say thanks! Just printed this to make with me visiting teaching to a less active member. Thanks!

Kirsti said...

Love this printable! Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the download! I'm using it for Nov YW self reliance lesson on facing challenges.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin